SAP India Partners
Selecting your Partner
Items to consider when choosing your partner?
- Prepare a list of potential partners
- Make sure the partners are SAP certified this means they will have access to all the latest knowledge and communication
- Do they have the necessary skills to complete the project? (Skills Profile, Track Record, Response to Project Issues)
- Do they understand your business processes? (Implementation Support, Implementation Strategy)
- What about your business culture?
- Do they have the necessary background in your industry?
- Are they geographically available?
- Once you have short-listed which partner to choose, it is vital to check their references from previous projects (Evidence of Performance, Programme Management, Track Record)
- Price should also be considered (Contract and Performance)
- Use your informal networks as they are a key source of information
- Join a user group if you are already an existing SAP customer
- Dont forget the personal factor the individuals involved in your project are key to its success. Therefore meet your team face-to-face before the project begins, do a detailed appraisal of candidates in terms of know-how and experience and remember that is important they fit into your business culture (Staff Profile, Training)
To read more about partnering, please click here to read a research study on SAP Guide To Co-operating with Partners in SAP Projects